Katoomba Court House

Aerial view of the court House in 1972 By the early 1890s Katoomba had become, through coal and tourism, a town with a future. Municipal status had been granted in 1889 and the possibilities of continued growth held promise of glittering prizes for local commerce. Civic pride flowered in the hearts of the town’s citizens and men prominent in local affairs began to seek expression of Katoomba’s new prestige through the erection of appropriate public buildings. A new brick post office was erected in the Bathurst Road in 1887 while, in 1891, a substantial timber railway station replaced its earlier … Continue reading Katoomba Court House