Murder at St Hilda’s, Stella Catherine Reynolds

St Hilda’s Katoomba in the 1940s photo: Blue Mountains City Library St Hilda’s Church of England in Katoomba, was designed by prominent 20th century architect John Burcham Clamp, a partner of Walter Burley Griffin, and built by a Mr. Johnson of Leura. It replaces the first Anglican church built in 1885. This was known as the School Church of St Hilda and was built through the activity of the Rev. Simons, the incumbent at Blackheath. The first clergyman was the Rev. Power. The present building was dedicated by J C Wright, Archbishop of Sydney, on 16th September 1914. At about 4.00 … Continue reading Murder at St Hilda’s, Stella Catherine Reynolds